Re: Transaction timeout

От Junwang Zhao
Тема Re: Transaction timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 29, 2023 at 6:00 PM Andrey M. Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> > On 28 Dec 2023, at 21:02, Junwang Zhao <zhjwpku@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Seems V5~V17 doesn't work as expected for Nikolay's case:
> >

> Yeah, that's a problem.
> > So I propose the following change, what do you think?
> This breaks COMMIT AND CHAIN.
>
> PFA v18: I've added a test for Nik's case and for COMMIT AND CHAIN. Now we need to fix stuff to pass this tests (I've
craftedoutput).
> We also need test for patchset step "Try to enable transaction_timeout before next command".
>
> Thanks!

After exploring the code, I found scheduling the timeout in
`StartTransaction` might be a reasonable idea, all the chain
commands will call this function.

What concerns me is that it is also called by StartParallelWorkerTransaction,
I'm not sure if we should enable this timeout for parallel execution.

Thought?

--
Regards
Junwang Zhao