Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations

От Junwang Zhao
Тема Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 10, 2023 at 4:44 AM Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for reviewing our latest patch!
>
> In
>  <TY3PR01MB9889C9234CD220A3A7075F0DF589A@TY3PR01MB9889.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com>
>   "RE: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations" on Sat, 9 Dec 2023 02:43:49 +0000,
>   "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:
>
> > (I remember that this theme was talked at Japan PostgreSQL conference)
>
> Yes. I should have talked to you more at the conference...
> I will do it next time!
>

> Can we discuss how to proceed this improvement?
>
> There are 2 approaches for it:
>
> 1. Do the followings concurrently:
>    a. Implementing small changes that got a consensus and
>       merge them step-by-step
>       (e.g. We got a consensus that we need to extract the
>       current format related routines.)
>    b. Discuss design
>
>    (v1-v3 patches use this approach.)
>
> 2. Implement one (large) complete patch set with design
>    discussion and merge it
>
>    (v4- patches use this approach.)
>
> Which approach is preferred? (Or should we choose another
> approach?)
>
> I thought that 1. is preferred because it will reduce review
> cost. So I chose 1.
>
> If 2. is preferred, I'll use 2. (I'll add more changes to
> the latest patch.)

I'm ok with both, and I'd like to work with you for the parquet
extension, excited about this new feature, thanks for bringing
this up.

Forgive me for making so much noise about approach 2, I
just want to hear about more suggestions of the final shape
of this feature.

--
Regards
Junwang Zhao

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: backtrace_on_internal_error
От: John Naylor
Сообщение: Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?