Re: Extensions not dumped when --schema is used

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Extensions not dumped when --schema is used
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Thanks for the review.

Le mer. 3 févr. 2021 à 18:33, Asif Rehman <asifr.rehman@gmail.com> a écrit :
make installcheck-world:  tested, passed
Implements feature:       tested, passed
Spec compliant:           not tested
Documentation:            not tested

The patch applies cleanly and looks fine to me. However consider this scenario.

- CREATE SCHEMA foo;
- CREATE EXTENSION file_fdw WITH SCHEMA foo;
- pg_dump  --file=/tmp/test.sql --exclude-schema=foo postgres

This will still include the extension 'file_fdw' in the backup script. Shouldn't it be excluded as well?

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author

This behaviour is already there without my patch, and I think it's a valid behaviour. An extension doesn't belong to a schema. Its objects do, but the extension doesn't.

--
Guillaume.