Re: Problem with ExclusiveLock on inserts

От Emre Hasegeli
Тема Re: Problem with ExclusiveLock on inserts
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Бородин Владимир <root@simply.name> wrote:
> Cool. How much ram do you have on your server and what is the size of the
> database?

It has 200 GiB of memory for 100 GB database at that time. We had migrated
the database from MySQL, that was the reason of overmuch resources. I do
not maintain it anymore and I moved the database to much smaller server
before I leave.

> My settings of 32 GB was set due to recommendation of 25% from here [1].

Maybe we should add a note to that page.

> Right now I am going to investigate the content of buffer cache with
> pg_buffercache and maybe OS page cache with recently released pg_stat_kcache
> to determine the optimal size for my load profile.
>
> [1]
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-resource.html

Сообщение: Re: Problem with ExclusiveLock on inserts
Сообщение: Re: Problem with ExclusiveLock on inserts