Using indexes for ORDER BY and PARTITION BY clause in windowing functions

От Sameer Kumar
Тема Using indexes for ORDER BY and PARTITION BY clause in windowing functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I was dealing with windowing function recently. I feel they are pretty useful and quite handy in lot of operations.

I am not sure why but my PostgreSQL does not seem to be using indexes for ORDER BY clause or PARTITION BY CLAUSE which I use with windowing function. I have tried ORDER BY and GROUP BY clauses in a normal sql statement and they seem to use indexes nicely.

Is this being already considered for development?

Best Regards,
Sameer Kumar | Database Consultant
ASHNIK PTE. LTD.