Re: Master-slave failover question

От Sameer Kumar
Тема Re: Master-slave failover question
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Jayadevan <maymala.jayadevan@gmail.com> wrote:
Sameer Kumar wrote
>  Am I missing something here? or some mode of pgpool which I am not aware
> of?

I thought you were mentioning split-brain for PostgreSQL. For pgpool, I am
using virtual IP. Somehow I got the message that the split-brain/virtual IPs
in your mail were with reference to PostgreSQL servers.

It is. Once pgpool faces a split-brain scenario, it will pass on the same knowledge to respective PostgreSQL nodes. Try it out, the pull the network cable or bring down your router [don't do it in your production :-) ] then check you logs on both database, check your pgpool logs. You will know what I am talking about.