Re: Timeline switch problem with streaming replication with 3 nodes

От Stuart Bishop
Тема Re: Timeline switch problem with streaming replication with 3 nodes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:37 PM,  <Mads.Tandrup@schneider-electric.com> wrote:

> I've found a discussion
> (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2011-12/msg00553.php) on a
> similar issue a while back. They talk about sharing WAL files as the
> solution. But I thought that the idea with streaming replication was that I
> would not need a shared storage.
>
> Is that the only solution or is there another way?

Things should work if you manually copy across the 0000010.history
file from the new master's pg_xlog directory to the slave's.

This method isn't documented, but seems to work. I believe the problem
is being fixed, by letting the history files be shipped along with the
WAL files.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2011-12/msg00456.php

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@stuartbishop.net>