Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level.

От Mithun Cy
Тема Re: Patch: Implement failover on libpq connect level.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 7:44 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Starting program: /home/mithun/libpqbin/bin/./psql
>> postgres://%2home%2mithun:5555/postgres -U mithun1
>Can you provide a concrete test scenario or some test code that fails?
>connhost is supposed to be getting set in connectOptions2(), which is
>run (AIUI) when the PGconn is first created.  So I think that it will
>be set in all scenarios of the type you mention, but I might be
>missing something.

Sorry if my sentence is confusing
If I give a proper hexadecimal encoding % followed by 2 hexadigit (i.e. for e.g %2f, %2a) every thing is fine. When I pass a invalid hexadigit encoding eg:  %2h, %2m among the host string e.g "postgres://%2home%2mithun:5555/postgres". then "PQconnectdbParams()" fails before calling connectOptions2(). In that case failed PQconnectdbParams() also return a PGconn where connhost is not set. If we call PQpass(), PQReset() on such a PGconn we get a crash.

A simple test case which crash is:
./psql  'postgres://%2hxxx:5555/postgres'

Call stack:
#0  0x00007ffff7bb8d4f in PQpass (conn=0x68aa10) at fe-connect.c:5582
#1  0x00007ffff7bb907a in PQconnectionNeedsPassword (conn=0x68aa10) at fe-connect.c:5727
#2  0x00000000004130aa in main (argc=2, argv=0x7fffffffdff8) at startup.c:250