Re: streaming replication different versions

От Marc Millas
Тема Re: streaming replication different versions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
it does work well for logical replication.
still its sad that it doesnt work for physical replication as, then, how to ensure continuous  availability for generic apps ??

Marc MILLAS
Senior Architect
+33607850334

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 5:03 PM Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
Le mer. 6 oct. 2021 à 13:46, Thomas Kellerer <shammat@gmx.net> a écrit :
Marc Millas schrieb am 06.10.2021 um 13:43:
> on release 10,  I remember reading something like: streaming replication is NOW upward compatible.
> which could be understood as: its possible to have a master in rel 10 and a slave in rel 11.

No, that's not possible.

For streaming replication both servers must run the same major versions.

You're right for physical replication. But it works for logical replication, which was released in version 10.

--
Guillaume.