Re: Trying to build x86 version on windows using meson

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Trying to build x86 version on windows using meson
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 at 03:56, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
On 20.03.24 22:49, Dave Cramer wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Mar 2024 at 17:11, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de
> <mailto:andres@anarazel.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     On 2024-03-20 16:14:23 -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
>      > I am getting the following error
>      >
>      > meson.build:1479:17: ERROR: Can not run test applications in this
>     cross
>      > environment.
>      >
>      > Have configured for amd64_x86
>      >
>      > Running `meson setup --wipe build --prefix=c:\postgres86`
>
>     This is not enough information to debug anything. At the very least
>     we need
>     the exact steps performed to set up the build and
>     meson-logs/meson-log.txt
>
> First off this is on an ARM64 machine
>
> The last error from meson-log.txt is

> Checking if "c99" compiles: YES
>
> meson.build:1479:17: ERROR: Can not run test applications in this cross
> environment.

I have never tried this, but there are instructions for cross-compiling
with meson: https://mesonbuild.com/Cross-compilation.html

It seems that attempting to cross-compile on an ARM machine might be asking too much as the use cases are pretty limited.

So the impetus for this is that folks require 32bit versions of psqlODBC. Unfortunately EDB is no longer distributing a 32 bit windows version.

All I really need is a 32bit libpq. This seems like a much smaller lift. Suggestions ?

Dave