Re: CommandStatus from insert returning when using a portal.

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: CommandStatus from insert returning when using a portal.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
See attached pcap file

after the execute of the portal it returns INSERT 0 0
Dave Cramer

On Fri, 14 Jul 2023 at 12:57, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 14, 2023 at 9:50 AM David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

Fixing that test in some manner and recompiling psql seems like it should be the easiest way to produce a core-only test case.

Apparently not - since it (ExecQueryUsingCursor) literally wraps the query in a DECLARE CURSOR SQL Command which prohibits INSERT...

I suppose we'd have to write a psql equivalent of ExecQueryUsingPortal that iterates over via fetch to make this work...probably more than I'm willing to try.

David J.
Вложения

Сообщение: Re: CommandStatus from insert returning when using a portal.
Сообщение: Re: CommandStatus from insert returning when using a portal.