Re: Trying to build x86 version on windows using meson

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Trying to build x86 version on windows using meson
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 20, 2024 at 6:21 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 2024-03-21 11:02:27 +1300, David Rowley wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 at 11:00, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> >
> > On 2024-03-20 17:49:14 -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> > > First off this is on an ARM64 machine
> >
> > Uh, that's a fairly crucial bit - you're actually trying to cross compile
> > then.  I don't know much about cross compiling on windows, so it's certainly
> > possible there's still some gaps there.
>
> How would initdb.exe / pg_regress.exe even run on the x86 build
> machine if it's compiled for ARM?

I think this is building on an ARM64 host, targeting 32bit x86.

Obviously tests can't run in that environment, but building should be
possible. I can e.g. build postgres for x86-64 windows on my linux machine,
but can't run the tests (in theory they could be run with wine, but wine isn't
complete enough to run postgres).

Windows apparently has some magic built in for this:

cheers

andrew