Re: session username in default psql prompt?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: session username in default psql prompt?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 22, 2024 at 7:34 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

On the whole, I think we'd get more complaints about the default
prompt having more-or-less doubled in length than we'd get kudos
about this being a great usability improvement.  Prompt space is
expensive and precious, at least for people who aren't in the
habit of working in very wide windows.

I'm not sure you're right, but in view of the opposition I won't press it. Thanks to Kori for the patch.

cheers

andrew