Re: BUG #17695: Failed Assert in logical replication snapbuild.

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: BUG #17695: Failed Assert in logical replication snapbuild.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 11:00 PM Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Sawada-san,
>
> 17.05.2023 08:34, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> >
> > When it comes to the original issue, I already shared the reproducible
> > steps[4] and I've confirmed again with the steps that the issue still
> > happens on 14 or later and the patch . However I don't find a way to
> > reproduce it without sleep/gdb attach.
>
> I can easily (without gdb and sleep()) reproduce the issue on master with
> the following script:
> numclients=10
> rm -rf contrib/test_decoding_*
> for ((c=1;c<=numclients;c++)); do
>    cp -r contrib/test_decoding contrib/test_decoding_$c
> done
>
> for ((c=1;c<=numclients;c++)); do
>    EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS="--dbname=regress_$c" make -s installcheck-force -C contrib/test_decoding_$c USE_MODULE_DB=1
>  >"installcheck-$c.log" 2>&1 &
> done
> wait

Thank you for sharing the script. But it seems not stable as I could
not reproduce the issue in my environment. I think we need a stable
reproducer so that we can include it in core regression tests. Or it
may be okay not to include it if we could not find a convenient way
and the fix is trivial.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada