Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 3:27 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 3:20 PM John Naylor <johncnaylorls@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > In addition, olingo and grassquit are showing different kinds of
> > "AddressSanitizer: odr-violation" errors, which I'm not sure what to
> > make of -- example:

odr-violation seems to refer to One Definition Rule (ODR). According
to Wikipedia[1]:

The One Definition Rule (ODR) is an important rule of the C++
programming language that prescribes that classes/structs and
non-inline functions cannot have more than one definition in the
entire program and template and types cannot have more than one
definition by translation unit. It is defined in the ISO C++ Standard
(ISO/IEC 14882) 2003, at section 3.2. Some other programming languages
have similar but differently defined rules towards the same objective.

I don't fully understand this concept yet but are these two different
build failures related?

Regards,

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Definition_Rule

--