Re: Add new error_action COPY ON_ERROR "log"

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Add new error_action COPY ON_ERROR "log"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 28, 2024 at 5:28 PM Bharath Rupireddy

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2024 at 1:43 PM torikoshia <torikoshia@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
> >
> > Attached patch fixes the doc,
>
> May I know which patch you are referring to? And, what do you mean by
> "fixes the doc"?
>
> > but I'm wondering perhaps it might be
> > better to modify the codes to prohibit abbreviation of the value.
>
> Please help me understand the meaning here.
>
> > When seeing the query which abbreviates ON_ERROR value, I feel it's not
> > obvious what happens compared to other options which tolerates
> > abbreviation of the value such as FREEZE or HEADER.
> >
> >    COPY t1 FROM stdin WITH (ON_ERROR);
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> So, do you mean to prohibit ON_ERROR being specified without any value
> like in COPY t1 FROM stdin WITH (ON_ERROR);? If yes, I think all the
> other options do allow that [1].
>
> Even if we were to do something like this, shall we discuss this separately?
>
> Having said that, what do you think of the v13 patch posted upthread?

This topic accidentally jumped in this thread, but it made me think
that the same might be true for the LOG_VERBOSITY option. That is,
since the LOG_VERBOSITY option is an enum parameter, it might make
more sense to require the value, instead of making the value optional.
For example, the following command could not be obvious for users:

COPY test FROM stdin (ON_ERROR ignore, LOG_VERBOSITY);

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada