Re: doc: improve the restriction description of using indexes on REPLICA IDENTITY FULL table.

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: doc: improve the restriction description of using indexes on REPLICA IDENTITY FULL table.
Дата
Re: doc: improve the restriction description of using indexes on REPLICA IDENTITY FULL table.  (Önder Kalacı <onderkalaci@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 11:15 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 7:08 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 12:31 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 5:31 PM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > >

> > > I don't think we have concluded any action for it. I agree that
> > > IsIndexOnlyOnExpression() is redundant. We don't need to check *all*
> > > index fields actually. I've attached a draft patch. It removes
> > > IsIndexOnlyOnExpression() and merges
> > > RemoteRelContainsLeftMostColumnOnIdx() to
> > > FindUsableIndexForReplicaIdentityFull. One concern is that we no
> > > longer do the assertion check with
> > > IsIndexUsableForReplicaIdentityFull(). What do you think?
> > >

> > I think this is a valid concern. Can't we move all the checks
> > (including the remote attrs check) inside
> > IsIndexUsableForReplicaIdentityFull() and then call it from both
> > places? Won't we have attrmap information available in the callers of
> > FindReplTupleInLocalRel() via ApplyExecutionData?
>
> You mean to pass ApplyExecutionData or attrmap down to
> RelationFindReplTupleByIndex()? I think it would be better to call it
> from FindReplTupleInLocalRel() instead.

I've attached a draft patch for this idea.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada

Вложения

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Changing types of block and chunk sizes in memory contexts