Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 8, 2023 at 1:39 AM Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> On 2023-12-07 Th 03:37, Junwang Zhao wrote:
> >
> > The point of this refactor (from my view) is to make it possible to add new
> > copy handlers in extensions, just like access method. As Andres suggested,
> > a system catalog like *pg_copy_handler*, if we split TO and FROM into two
> > sets of routines, does that mean we have to create two catalog(
> > pg_copy_from_handler and pg_copy_to_handler)?
>

> Surely not. Either have two fields, one for the TO handler and one for
> the FROM handler, or a flag on each row indicating if it's a FROM or TO
> handler.

True.

But why do we need a system catalog like pg_copy_handler in the first
place? I imagined that an extension can define a handler function
returning a set of callbacks and the parser can lookup the handler
function by name, like FDW and TABLESAMPLE.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada

Сообщение: Re: errors building on windows using meson
Сообщение: Re: errors building on windows using meson