Re: Disable LLVM bitcode generation with pgxs.mk framework.

От Xing Guo
Тема Re: Disable LLVM bitcode generation with pgxs.mk framework.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 2:45 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
>
> On 12.03.24 14:38, Xing Guo wrote:
> > When the PostgreSQL server is configured with --with-llvm, the pgxs.mk
> > framework will generate LLVM bitcode for extensions automatically.
> > Sometimes, I don't want to generate bitcode for some extensions. I can
> > turn off this feature by specifying with_llvm=0 in the make command.
> >
> > ```
> > make with_llvm=0
> > ```
> >
> > Would it be possible to add a new switch in the pgxs.mk framework to
> > allow users to disable this feature? E.g., the Makefile looks like:
> >
> > ```
> > WITH_LLVM=no
> > PG_CONFIG = pg_config
> > PGXS := $(shell $(PG_CONFIG) --pgxs)
> > ```
>
> Can't you just put the very same with_llvm=0 into the makefile?

Ah, you're right. I can set it by overriding that variable.

```
override with_llvm=no
```

От: shveta malik
Сообщение: Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
Сообщение: Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation