Re: snapshot too old, configured by time

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: snapshot too old, configured by time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 9:19 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Michael Paquier wrote:
>
>> Just a note: I began looking at the tests, but finished looking at the
>> patch entirely at the end by curiosity. Regarding the integration of
>> this patch for 9.6, I think that bumping that to 9.7 would be wiser
>> because the patch needs to be re-written largely, and that's never a
>> good sign at this point of the development cycle.
>
> Not rewritten surelY?  It will need a very large mechanical change to
> existing BufferGetPage calls, but to me that doesn't equate "rewriting"
> it.

I'll submit patches later today to make the mechanical change to
the nearly 500 BufferGetPage() calls and to tweak to the 36 places
to use the new "test" flag with the new signature rather than
adding a line for the test.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com