Re: md5 password valid and invalid after upgrading

От Kyle MacMillan
Тема Re: md5 password valid and invalid after upgrading
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Ah, understood. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for your time!

Kyle

On Thu, Sep 28, 2023 at 6:14 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Kyle MacMillan <macattackftw@gmail.com> writes:
> The server was AWS's "serverless" Aurora service, I'm not sure where logs
> for that would be found. I did not see any error logs generated.

> I found a solution, but I still think the docs do not illustrate the
> regression, at the very least. To resolve this issue I had to paste my
> existing password into the master password of the server. I was able to
> connect to the database after that "change".

That sounds like something you should discuss with AWS support.
Postgres per se doesn't even have a concept of a "master password".
I suspect you unwedged something in AWS's secret sauce, which
would not be a matter for community Postgres to document.