Re: GSSAPI server side on Linux, SSPI client side on Windows

От Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
Тема Re: GSSAPI server side on Linux, SSPI client side on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Brian Crowell <brian@fluggo.com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 5:45 AM, Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
<francisco@npgsql.org> wrote:
> I'm looking forward your patch.
> Npgsql source can be found at github.com/npgsql/Npgsql

I figured out the username issue, and so I've sent a pull request:
https://github.com/npgsql/Npgsql/pull/95

Excellent, Brian! Thank you very much. I'll review and merge it.
Before hand I think it will conflict with another pending pull request I'm also reviewing: https://github.com/npgsql/Npgsql/pull/85
But I'll let you know if there is any problem with it.

I encountered an issue where connection pooling doesn't distinguish
between Integrated Security users. I tried to fix that. Hopefully it's
ship-shape.

That's true. Npgsql connection pooling uses the connectionstring as a key to the connection pool table. As the username isn't specified in the connection string, Npgsql will handle connections from different integrated security users as from the same pool.

I think your approach to freeze the user name is the best one to distinguish the connections from the pool.

--
Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
Npgsql Lead Developer