Re: Client query hangs when network connection is lost to the server.

От Andrej
Тема Re: Client query hangs when network connection is lost to the server.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On 9 April 2013 16:48, Steve Rosenberry
<smrosenberry@electronicsolutionsco.com> wrote:

> Call me stupid if you must, but I've tried both tcp_keepalive_xxx parameters and PQcancel() to abort a query to a
remoteserver to which I've lost the network connection with no change in results.  It appears to take about 15 minutes
beforethe query gives up.  I assume that must be due to some other system parameter that I cannot find.  I can be very
happyif I can shorten the 15 minute delay to about 30 to 60 seconds or have something else get me out the query in
whichI am stuck.

> Specifics below.  Anything you need to know, just ask...

If I understand it correctly PQgetCancel operates against the server
side.  So if you lost network connectivity
to the server the cancel won't make it there?

Cheers,
Andrej

От: Steve Rosenberry
Сообщение: Client query hangs when network connection is lost to the server.
От: kobolds
Сообщение: about view privileges