Re: Improve readability by using designated initializers when possible

От jian he
Тема Re: Improve readability by using designated initializers when possible
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 6:01 PM jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 3:09 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 14.03.24 01:26, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > > -EventTriggerSupportsObjectClass(ObjectClass objclass)
> > > +EventTriggerSupportsObject(const ObjectAddress *object)
> > >
> > > The shortcut introduced here is interesting, but it is inconsistent.
> > > HEAD treats OCLASS_SUBSCRIPTION as something supported by event
> > > triggers, but as pg_subscription is a shared catalog it would be
> > > discarded with your change.  Subscriptions are marked as supported in
> > > the event trigger table:
> > > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/event-trigger-matrix.html
> >
> > Ah, good catch.  Subscriptions are a little special there.  Here is a
> > new patch that keeps the switch/case arrangement in that function.  That
> > also makes it easier to keep the two EventTriggerSupports... functions
> > aligned.  Also added a note about subscriptions and a reference to the
> > documentation.
>
> select relname from pg_class where relisshared and relkind = 'r';
>         relname
>  pg_database
>  pg_db_role_setting
>  pg_tablespace
>  pg_auth_members
>  pg_shdepend
>  pg_shdescription
>  pg_replication_origin
>  pg_shseclabel
>  pg_parameter_acl
> (11 rows)

also in function doDeletion
we have:

/*
* These global object types are not supported here.
*/
case AuthIdRelationId:
case DatabaseRelationId:
case TableSpaceRelationId:
case SubscriptionRelationId:
case ParameterAclRelationId:
elog(ERROR, "global objects cannot be deleted by doDeletion");
break;

do we need to add other global objects?

in the end, it does not matter since we have:
default:
elog(ERROR, "unsupported object class: %u", object->classId);

Сообщение: Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`
Сообщение: Re: Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`