Re: pg_column_toast_chunk_id: a function to get a chunk ID of a TOASTed value

От jian he
Тема Re: pg_column_toast_chunk_id: a function to get a chunk ID of a TOASTed value
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 6, 2023 at 8:00 AM jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:

> minor doc issues.
> Returns the chunk id of the TOASTed value, or NULL if the value is not TOASTed.
> Should it be "chunk_id"?
>
> you may place it after pg_create_logical_replication_slot entry to
> make it look like alphabetical order.
>
> There is no test. maybe we can add following to src/test/regress/sql/misc.sql
> create table val(t text);
> INSERT into val(t) SELECT string_agg(
>   chr((ascii('B') + round(random() * 25)) :: integer),'')
> FROM generate_series(1,2500);
> select pg_column_toast_chunk_id(t) is  not null from val;
> drop table val;

Hi
the main C function (pg_column_toast_chunk_id)  I didn't change.
I added tests as mentioned above.
tests put it on src/test/regress/sql/misc.sql, i hope that's fine.
I placed pg_column_toast_chunk_id in "Table 9.99. Database Object
Location Functions" (below Table 9.98. Database Object Size
Functions).

Вложения