Re: remaining sql/json patches

От jian he
Тема Re: remaining sql/json patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 9:22 AM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the heads up.  Attaching rebased patches.

Walking through the v41-0001-Add-SQL-JSON-query-functions.patch documentation.
I found some minor cosmetic issues.

+       <para>
+        <literal>select json_query(jsonb '{"a": "[1, 2]"}', 'lax $.a'
RETURNING int[] OMIT QUOTES);</literal>
+        <returnvalue></returnvalue>
+       </para>
this example is not so good, it returns NULL, makes it harder to
render the result.

+   <replaceable>context_item</replaceable> (the document); seen
+   <xref linkend="functions-sqljson-path"/> for more details on what
+   <replaceable>path_expression</replaceable> can contain.
"seen" should be "see"?

+       <para>
+        This function must return a JSON string, so if the path expression
+        returns multiple SQL/JSON items, you must wrap the result using the
+        <literal>WITH WRAPPER</literal> clause.  If the wrapper is
"must" may be not correct?
since we have a RETURNING clause.
"generally" may be more accurate, I think.
maybe we can rephrase the sentence:
+        This function generally return a JSON string, so if the path expression
+        yield multiple SQL/JSON items, you must wrap the result using the
+        <literal>WITH WRAPPER</literal> clause

+        is spcified, the returned value will be of type <type>text</type>.
+        If no <literal>RETURNING</literal> is spcified, the returned value will
two typos, and should be "specified".

+        Note that if the <replaceable>path_expression</replaceable>
+        is <literal>ON ERROR</literal>, an error is generated if it yields no
+        items.

may be the following:
+        Note that if the <replaceable>path_expression</replaceable>
+        is <literal>ERROR</literal>, an error is generated if it yields no
+        items.

most of the place, you use
 <replaceable>path_expression</replaceable>
but there are two place you use:
<type>path_expression</type>
I guess that's ok, but the appearance is different.
 <replaceable> more prominent. Anyway, it is a minor issue.

+        <function>json_query</function>.  Note that scalar strings returned
+        by <function>json_value</function> always have their quotes removed,
+        equivalent to what one would get with <literal>OMIT QUOTES</literal>
+        when using <function>json_query</function>.

I think we can simplify it like the following:

+        <function>json_query</function>.  Note that scalar strings returned
+        by <function>json_value</function> always have their quotes removed,
+        equivalent to <literal>OMIT QUOTES</literal>
+        when using <function>json_query</function>.