Re: Incremental View Maintenance, take 2

От jian he
Тема Re: Incremental View Maintenance, take 2
Дата
Re: Incremental View Maintenance, take 2  (Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAEepm%3D3ZHh%3Dp0nEEnVbs1Dig_UShPzHUcMNAqvDQUgYgcDo-pA%40mail.gmail.com
> [...]
> > > we still have to use an exclusive lock for DELETE and UPDATE.
> > >
> > > [7] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20200909092752.c91758a1bec3479668e82643%40sraoss.co.jp
> > > [8] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/5663f5f0-48af-686c-bf3c-62d279567e2a%40postgrespro.ru
> > >
> > > ** Automatic Index Creation
> > >
> > > When a view is created, a unique index is automatically created if
> > > possible, that is, if the view definition query has a GROUP BY or
> > > DISTINCT, or if the view contains all primary key attributes of
> > > its base tables in the target list. It is necessary for efficient
> > > view maintenance. This feature is based on a suggestion from
> > > Konstantin Knizhnik [9].
> > >
> > > [9] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/89729da8-9042-7ea0-95af-e415df6da14d%40postgrespro.ru
> > >

> > > ** Trigger and Transition Tables
> > >
> > > We implemented IVM based on triggers. This is because we want to use
> > > transition tables to extract changes on base tables. Also, there are
> > > other constraint that are using triggers in its implementation, like
> > > foreign references. However, if we can use transition table like feature
> > > without relying triggers, we don't have to insist to use triggers and we
> > > might implement IVM in the executor directly as similar as declarative
> > > partitioning.
> > >
> > > ** Feature to be Supported in the First Release
> > >
> > > The current patch-set supports DISTINCT and aggregates for built-in count,
> > > sum, avg, min and max. Do we need all these feature for the first IVM release?
> > > Supporting DISTINCT and aggregates needs discussion on hidden columns, and
> > > for supporting min/max we need to discuss on  re-calculation method. Before
> > > handling such relatively advanced feature, maybe, should we focus to design
> > > and implement of the basic feature of IVM?
> > >

> > > Any suggestion and discussion are welcomed!
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Yugo Nagata
> > >
> > > --
> > > Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>
> > >

> > > The followings are supported in view definition queries:
> > > - SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE ..., joins (inner joins, self-joins)
> >

> > > Also, a view definition query cannot contain other views, materialized views,
> > > foreign tables, partitioned tables, partitions, VALUES, non-immutable functions,
> > > system columns, or expressions that contains aggregates.
> >
> > Does this also apply to tableoid?  but tableoid is a constant, so it
> > should be fine?
> > can following two queries apply to this feature.
> > select tableoid, unique1 from tenk1;
>
> Currently, this is not allowed because tableoid is a system column.
> As you say, tableoid is a constant, so we can allow. Should we do this?
>
> > select 1 as constant, unique1 from tenk1;
>
> This is allowed, of course.
>
> > I didn't apply the patch.(will do later, for someone to test, it would
> > be a better idea to dump a whole file separately....).
>
> Thank you! I'm looking forward to your feedback.
> (I didn't attach a whole patch separately because I wouldn't like

I played around first half of regress patch.
these all following queries fails.

CREATE INCREMENTAL MATERIALIZED VIEW mv_ivm_rename AS
    SELECT DISTINCT * , 1 as "__ivm_count__" FROM mv_base_a;

CREATE INCREMENTAL MATERIALIZED VIEW mv_ivm_rename AS
    SELECT DISTINCT * , 1 as "__ivm_countblablabla" FROM mv_base_a;

CREATE INCREMENTAL MATERIALIZED VIEW mv_ivm_rename AS
    SELECT DISTINCT * , 1 as "__ivm_count" FROM mv_base_a;

CREATE INCREMENTAL MATERIALIZED VIEW mv_ivm_rename AS
    SELECT DISTINCT * , 1 as "__ivm_count_____" FROM mv_base_a;

CREATE INCREMENTAL MATERIALIZED VIEW mv_ivm_rename AS
    SELECT DISTINCT * , 1 as "__ivm_countblabla" FROM mv_base_a;

so the hidden column reserved pattern "__ivm_count.*"? that would be a lot....

select * from pg_matviews where matviewname = 'mv_ivm_1';
don't have relisivm option. it's reasonable to make it in view pg_matviews?