Add Index-level REINDEX with multiple jobs

От Maxim Orlov
Тема Add Index-level REINDEX with multiple jobs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

Recently, one of our customers came to us with the question: why do reindex utility does not support multiple jobs for indices (-i opt)?
And, of course, it is because we cannot control the concurrent processing of multiple indexes on the same relation.  This was
discussed somewhere in [0], I believe.  So, customer have to make a shell script to do his business and so on.

But. This seems to be not that complicated to split indices by parent tables and do reindex in multiple jobs?  Or I miss something?
PFA patch implementing this.

As always, any opinions are very welcome!

--
Best regards,
Maxim Orlov.