Re: More stable query plans via more predictable column statistics

От Shulgin, Oleksandr
Тема Re: More stable query plans via more predictable column statistics
Дата
Re: More stable query plans via more predictable column statistics  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: More stable query plans via more predictable column statistics  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 5:46 PM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
On 3/2/16 11:10 AM, Shulgin, Oleksandr wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 12:30 AM, Tomas Vondra
> <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com <mailto:tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:
>
>     I think it'd be useful not to have all the changes in one lump, but
>     structure this as a patch series with related changes in separate
>     chunks. I doubt we'd like to mix the changes in a single commit, and
>     it makes the reviews and reasoning easier. So those NULL-handling
>     fixes should be in one patch, the MCV patches in another one.
>

> OK, such a split would make sense to me.  Though, I'm a bit late as the
> commitfest is already closed to new patches, I guess asking the CF
> manager to split this might work (assuming I produce the patch files)?

If the patch is broken into two files that gives the review/committer
more options but I don't think it requires another CF entry.

Alright.  I'm attaching the latest version of this patch split in two parts: the first one is NULLs-related bugfix and the second is the "improvement" part, which applies on top of the first one.

--
Alex

Вложения