Re: Add schema-qualified relnames in constraint error messages.

От Shulgin, Oleksandr
Тема Re: Add schema-qualified relnames in constraint error messages.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 4:44 PM, Shulgin, Oleksandr <oleksandr.shulgin@zalando.de> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 7:55 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Shulgin, Oleksandr" <oleksandr.shulgin@zalando.de> writes:
> What I dislike about this POC is all the disruption in libpq, to be
> honest.

Yeah, I don't much like that either.  But I don't think we can avoid
some refactoring there; as designed, conversion of an error message into
user-visible form is too tightly tied to receipt of the message.

True.  Attached is a v2 which addresses all of the points raised earlier I believe.

We still extract the message building part of code from pqGetErrorNotice3(), but the user-facing change is much more sane now: just added a new function PQresultVerboseErrorMessage().

I wonder if this sort of change has any chance to be back-patched?  If not, it would be really nice to have any sort of review soonish.

Thank you.
--
Alex

Сообщение: Re: [PROPOSAL] Client Log Output Filtering
Сообщение: Re: [PROPOSAL] Client Log Output Filtering