Re: Build versionless .so for Android

От Matthias Kuhn
Тема Re: Build versionless .so for Android
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
What I try to do is packaging an app with androiddeployqt which fails with an error:

The bundled library lib/libpq.so.5 doesn't end with .so. Android only supports versionless libraries ending with the .so suffix.

This error was introduced in response to this issue which contains hints about the underlying problem:

I hope this sheds some light
Matthias

On Fri, Jan 5, 2024, 21:57 Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
On 05.01.24 01:00, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> Attached a patch with a (hopefully) better wording of the comment.
>
> I have unsuccessfully tried to find an official source for this policy.
> So for reference some discussions about the topic:
>
> -
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11491065/linking-with-versioned-shared-library-in-android-ndk <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11491065/linking-with-versioned-shared-library-in-android-ndk>
> -
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18681401/how-can-i-remove-all-versioning-information-from-shared-object-files <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18681401/how-can-i-remove-all-versioning-information-from-shared-object-files>
  What I would like to see is a specific thing that you are trying to do
that doesn't work.  Probably, you are writing a program that is meant to
run on Android, and you are linking it (provide command line), and then
what happens?  The linking fails?  It fails to run?  What is the error?
Can you provide a minimal example?  And so on.

От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: BRIN indexes vs. SK_SEARCHARRAY (and preprocessing scan keys)
От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: Document efficient self-joins / UPDATE LIMIT techniques.