Re: Cirrus-ci is lowering free CI cycles - what to do with cfbot, etc?

От Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Тема Re: Cirrus-ci is lowering free CI cycles - what to do with cfbot, etc?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Aug 9, 2023 at 3:26 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> > 6) Disable write cache flushes on windows
> >
> >     It's a bit ugly to do this without using the UI... Shaves off about 30s
> >     from the tests.
>
> A brief comment would be nice: "We don't care about persistence over hard
> crashes in the CI, so disable write cache flushes to speed it up."

Turns out that patch doesn't work on its own anyway, at least not
reliably... I tested it by interactively logging into a windows vm and testing
it there. It doesn't actually seem to suffice when run in isolation, because
the relevant registry key doesn't yet exist. I haven't yet figured out the
magic incantations for adding the missing "intermediary", but I'm getting
there...

You can find a good example on how to accomplish this in:

Regards,

Juan José Santamaría Flecha

Сообщение: Re: Incorrect handling of OOM in WAL replay leading to data loss
Сообщение: Re: Incorrect handling of OOM in WAL replay leading to data loss