Re: [PoC/RFC] Multiple passwords, interval expirations

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: [PoC/RFC] Multiple passwords, interval expirations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 6, 2023 at 1:46 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct  6, 2023 at 01:20:03PM -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> > The basic problem, as I see it, is: how do we keep users from
> > accidentally dropping the wrong password? Generated unique names or
>
> I thought we could auto-remove old password if the valid-until date is
> in the past.

Autoremoving expired passwords will surprise users, and not in a good
way. Making a password, even an expired one, disappear from the system
will lead to astonishment. Among uses of an expired password are cases
of it acting like a tombstone, and the case where the user may want to
extend the validity of a password, instead of having to create a new
one and change application configuration(s) to specify the new
password.

Best regards,
Gurjeet
http://Gurje.et