Re: What is the state of the art for using LINQ with PostgreSQL?

От Mike Christensen
Тема Re: What is the state of the art for using LINQ with PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I would like to begin learning to use LINQ with PostgreSQL.  Ideally, it
> would be good to have free tools to do it, since I probably won’t be
> finished playing with it before 30 days are up and I’d have to pay for
> something.  It would also be good if whatever I use has a good set of
> tutorials that I can follow to begin using them.  Where should I start?
>

> I have found the dotConnect provider from DevArt, and I’m going to begin
> playing with their free “Express” provider.  Does anyone have experience
> working with DevArt’s tools, and if so, what did you think?

I use DevArt's Oracle drivers at work and they're very, very good.
Their sales people are very difficult to get a response from, however
their support people are knowledgable and will always respond with
code examples and what not.  However, at least the Oracle tools are
quite expensive.  I'm not familiar with their free stuff, but I'd
expect it has limited functionality.

For my Postgres project at home, I use Castle ActiveRecord which is an
Active Record implementation built on top of NHibernate.  I absolutely
love it, and it's free and open source.  However, Castle ActiveRecord
is no longer actively being worked on, with the assumption people will
be using either the .NET Entity Framework or Fluent NHibernate, both
which support LINQ.  Personally, I prefer the Active Record pattern a
lot more, so am kinda hoping the Castle project is resurrected at some
point.

Mike