Re: BUG #18242: pg_dump with non-superuser from pg14 to pg15 fails on ALTER FUNCTION

От Aksel Allas
Тема Re: BUG #18242: pg_dump with non-superuser from pg14 to pg15 fails on ALTER FUNCTION
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
We get the following error:

psql:schema.psql:81: ERROR:  permission denied for schema public
on the command `ALTER FUNCTION "public"."get_current_user"() OWNER TO "application_user";`

Question is how to handle schema dump (without manually changing dump) when we don't have access to superuser e.g. in cloud environments

If I add `GRANT CREATE ON SCHEMA public TO application_user` in source database, then it appears at the end of the dump and after ALTER FUNCTION.