best way to apply and work on the patches of the pg community

От mahendrakar s
Тема best way to apply and work on the patches of the pg community
Дата
Re: best way to apply and work on the patches of the pg community  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: best way to apply and work on the patches of the pg community  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-novice
Hi Pg team,

I would like to work on a patch published on hackers community( patch is from June, 2021). I cloned postgres code and tried to  apply the patch and got errors.

patch -p1 < ../0001-auth-generalize-SASL-mechanisms.patch
patching file src/backend/libpq/auth-scram.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 101.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 170.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 199.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 215.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 325.

Can you please let me know what is the recommended way to apply the patches for me to begin the work?

Thanks,
Mahendrakar.