Re: db-engines Ranking for PostgreSQL

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: db-engines Ranking for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
(woops, re-sending to OP as I forgot to cc the list)

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Sameer Kumar <sameer.kumar@ashnik.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was recently going through the ranking of Databases given by db-engines.com
>
> PostgreSQL was ranked 5th, with a score 7 times lesser than Oracle and 6times lesser than MySQL. You can check their
rankingAlgorithm over here:
> http://db-engines.com/en/ranking_definition

The one question I always wondered about that was when they track
PostgreSQL, do they also include "Postgres". I think we're
particularly more susceptible to this problem than other databases.

> I wrote to them asking to improve the same by considering PostgreSQL user group discussion too for their ranking
algorithm.Below is the response I got:

>> Hi Sameer,
>> Thank you for your interest in our ranking and for your proposal.
>> We are always looking for ways to improve the ranking method, and any ideas are very welcome. From the figures we
havewe don't see a significant advantage or disadvantage for open source systems caused by their specific communication
channels,but we will closer investigate your suggestion at our next ranking evaluation.
>> all the best
>> Matthias Gelbmann
>

> I am going to provide them with a link where they can track user discussions and its frequency. Is there any
consolidatedview/search/count for all the different user forums we have in PostgreSQL community?

I believe you can look in the archives to get monthly counts, but  I'm
not sure we publish those numbers explicitly in an easily digestible
format.

Robert Treat
play: xzilla.net
work: omniti.com

От: Sameer Kumar
Сообщение: db-engines Ranking for PostgreSQL
От: Sameer Kumar
Сообщение: Re: db-engines Ranking for PostgreSQL