Re: increased max_parallel_workers_per_gather results in fewer workers?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: increased max_parallel_workers_per_gather results in fewer workers?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 12:24 AM Philip Semanchuk <philip@americanefficient.com> wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2020, at 5:15 PM, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 04:04:13PM -0400, Philip Semanchuk wrote:
>> Can anyone help me understand why this happens, or where I might look for clues?
>
> What version postgres ?

Sorry, I should have posted that in my initial email.

select version();
| version                                                                     |
| PostgreSQL 11.6 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.9.3, 64-bit |

This is AWS’ version of Postgres 11.6 (“Aurora”) which of course might make a difference.

Yes, it definitely makes a difference. For Aurora questions you are more likely to get good answers in the AWS forums rather than the PostgreSQL ones.  It's different from PostgreSQL in too many ways, and those differences are not fully known outside of AWS.

Сообщение: Re: increased max_parallel_workers_per_gather results in fewerworkers?
Сообщение: Re: increased max_parallel_workers_per_gather results in fewerworkers?