Re: pg_basebackup compression TODO item

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pg_basebackup compression TODO item
Дата
Re: pg_basebackup compression TODO item  (Euler Taveira <euler@timbira.com.br>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 6:34 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2016-03-03 18:31:03 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I think we want it at protocol level rather than pg_basebackup level.

I think we may want both eventually, but I do agree that protocol level
has a lot higher "priority" than that. Something like protocol level
compression has a bit of different tradeofs than compressing base
backups, and it's nice not to compress, uncompress, compress again.

Yeah, good point, we definitely want both. Based on the field experience I've had (which might differ from others), having it protocol level would help more people tough, so should be higher prio.

Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup compression TODO item
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup compression TODO item