Re: Repeated requests for feedback in logical standby

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Repeated requests for feedback in logical standby
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAFgz3kus=rC_avEgBV=+hRK5HYJ8vXskJRh8yEAbahJGTzF2VQ@mail.gmail.com#CAFgz3kus=rC_avEgBV=+hRK5HYJ8vXskJRh8yEAbahJGTzF2VQ@mail.gmail.com

> Agreed, that sounds very similar.
>
> I don't know the code enough to say whether that's a proper fix though, or
> if it might have other sideeffects.

I should add that yes, this patch does seem to remove the problem for me as
well. But I can't confirm if it breaks something else. Hopefully someone
who has worked more on that code can?

I also still see the problem that "pg_ctrl stop -m fast" on the master does
*nothing* until the client sends one message. I tried increasing the
feedback interval to 2 minutes, and that increased the shutdown time to 2
minutes as well. Which can't be right - clearly the shutdown is failing to
actually make the walsender send the request and shut down. This happens
both with and without the suggested patch.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/