Re: pgsql: make dist uses git archive

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pgsql: make dist uses git archive
Дата
Список pgsql-committers

On Mon, Mar 25, 2024 at 8:30 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
On 25.03.24 10:04, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> This seems to have broken buildfarm member guaibasaurus, which I believe
> is the only one that runs "make dist" as part of the buildfarm. And as a
> result,t hat breaks the snapshot build uploads.
>
> I don't know exactly how it does it, it appears to not run from within
> the git repository. It might be this needs an update to the buildfarm
> code itself to handle this path? I haven't dug into how that code does
> the make dist part (thus cc:ing in Andrew as well).

I don't see any code for this in the client-code git repository.  So
maybe it is a local custom module?

Huh, it seems you're right. I didn't realize that :) We received that module from Andrew back in Nov 2011, but I guess it was never committed to the repo (assuming that was the intention) :) But it has served us well so far...

PFA the module. It's pretty simple, but I don't know enough (anything, really) about the bf client code to say how to fix it...

--
Вложения