Re: 9.3 Beta 1 Coming Soon!

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: 9.3 Beta 1 Coming Soon!
Дата
Re: 9.3 Beta 1 Coming Soon!  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 15 April 2013 23:23, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>
>> * declarative matviews
>> * event triggers
>
> Regrettably the state of both of those features is nowhere near
> complete enough for wide production use. Highlighting them as tier 1
> items would be misleading. If there is a way to say these are good
> steps towards the full feature set people expect then it will work.
> Initial, basic, entry level etc.. (Note that I'm not commenting on the
> internal implementation, just the user facing feature set).

I was just about to make that comment. Particularly when it comes to matviews.

However, we highlighted the json datatype pretty well in 9.2 and it
gave us a lot of good press. But it doesn't really *do* anything in
9.2 - kind of like matviews. 9.3 will make json a lot more useful - as
hopefully 9.4 can improve on the matviews. But if it's marketing only,
then the feature is there I guess...

>> * streaming-only cascading replication failover
>
> Do you mean the fast failover option?

I think he's referring to timeline switching over streaming replication.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/