Re: JPUG wants to have a copyright notice on the translated doc

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: JPUG wants to have a copyright notice on the translated doc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 3:05 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On 03/04/2016 06:01 PM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

Considering they are BSD licensed, I am not sure what abuses could be
taken?

I imagine kind of an extream case: a bad guy removes "Copyright
1996-2016 The PostgreSQL Global Development Group" and replaces it
with his/her copyright.

Right but again, what happens when they do that? In a practical sense, nothing because we are BSD licensed.

Removing the copyright is pretty much the only thing that is not allowed under the PostgreSQL or BSD license, isn't it?

That said, nothing is likely to actually *happen*, mainly  because I don't think we actually care that much. But it is not *allowed* to remove it. But there is nothing that doesn't say you can also add do it.

In short, no worries, 100% happy that JPUG is taking initiative.

I also see no problem at all with this.