Re: BUG #8891: Duplicate Primary Key

От Marti Raudsepp
Тема Re: BUG #8891: Duplicate Primary Key
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 11:22 AM,  <anjali_524@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> The Postgres version on which the issue was reported is 8.2.2

Do you realize that this version was released almost 7 years ago? The
last bugfix release in the 8.2 series was 8.2.23, only 2 years ago. If
you don't apply bugfixes then you *will* eventually hit bugs.

> I verified the issue fix information into postgres release notes
> 9.0.4, 9.0.15, and 9.1 but could not find anything related to this issue.

It was probably some sort of index corruption, which allowed duplicate
values to be inserted. There have been a dozen bugs of this kind fixed
and it's hard to tell which one.

> We have upgraded our Postgres version to 9.0.4

Wait, what? 9.0.15 is the most recent version in the 9.0 series. You
should *always* use the newest minor version in a series and update
when new versions are released. Otherwise you will hit bugs again that
have been fixed for years.

Regards,
Marti