Re: 9.3 release notes suggestions

От Ian Lawrence Barwick
Тема Re: 9.3 release notes suggestions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2013/4/24 Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>:
> Thanks for the many suggestions on improving the 9.3 release notes.
> There were many ideas I would have never thought of.  Please keep the
> suggestions coming.

One small suggestion:
linkend="guc-log-line-prefix"><varname>log_line_prefix</></link>      always output four hex digits after the period
(BruceMomjian)      </para>     </listitem>

This doesn't sound quite right - on OS X at least, PIDs go up to
99998, which means
%c may output 5 hex digits after the period. The following might be
more pedantically
accurate:
linkend="guc-log-line-prefix"><varname>log_line_prefix</></link>      always pad the PID value with zeros so at least
fourhex digits are       displayed after the period (Bruce Momjian)      </para>     </listitem>

if my slightly disengaged brain is grokking the source correctly:

src/backend/utils/error/elog.c: appendStringInfo(buf, "%lx.%04x", (long) (MyStartTime), MyProcPid);

Regards

Ian Barwick