Re: snapshot too old, configured by time

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: snapshot too old, configured by time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 9:35 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2016-02-29 18:30:27 -0600, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>> Basically, a connection needs to remain open and interleave
>> commands with other connections, which the isolation tester does
>> just fine; but it needs to do that using a custom postgresql.conf
>> file, which TAP does just fine.  I haven't been able to see the
>> right way to get a TAP test to set up a customized installation to
>> run isolation tests against.  If I can get that working, I have
>> additional tests I can drop into that.

Launching psql from PostgresNode does not hold the connection, we
would need to reinvent/integrate the logic of existing drivers to hold
the connection context properly, but that's utterly complicated with
not that much gain.

> Check contrib/test_decoding's makefile. It does just that with
> isolationtester.

pg_isolation_regress --temp-config is the key item here, you can
enforce a test to run on a server with a wanted configuration set.
--
Michael