Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 5:42 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Everaldo Canuto
> <everaldo.canuto@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry to be so sarcastic on last comment but, I am a little frustrated, it
>> is not like this patch is big and need a lots of review, it is already done
>> and it takes 15 minutes from me and it was the first time I look at Postgres
>> source code. Really sorry.
>
> It's not really done in any useful sense, because it has a -1 vote
> from a prominent committer.  There is however an alternative proposal
> which has several +1 votes, including from that same committer and
> from me.  If you would like to produce a patch that implements that
> counter-proposal, it might go somewhere.  Very little of significance
> gets done around here without some give and take; I know that's
> sometimes frustrating, but it's how it is.

Everaldo, please note that rewriting a patch happens quite a lot
depending on the review feedback. This can happen even several times
during one review process, and sometimes for patches way larger than
that. Feeling frustrated is normal the first times you submit a patch,
but that experience is part of getting more familiar with the
community review process. That's why by beginning with smaller
patches, as you do, is a good way to understand how things move on and
why the code quality remains high.
--
Michael