Re: BUG #8255: encoding latin1

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #8255: encoding latin1
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 9:21 PM,  <gabriel.ct@santamonicace.com.br> wrote:

> Bug reference:      8255
> Logged by:          gabriel
> Email address:      gabriel.ct@santamonicace.com.br
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.4
You are missing many minor releases. The latest version of 8.4 is
8.4.17. It will also fall in EOL last year, so think about an upgrade!

> Operating system:   windows xp
>
> Good afternoon, I live in Brazil and I need to create a database with
> encoding LATIN1. how can I make this database. I use windows xp and
> postgreSQL. please send a tutorial on how to makeThank you.
initdb has an option called --encoding allowing to override the
encoding of the template database when initializing server. You can
also specify an encoding with CREATE DATABASE, but use template0 as
template database in this case.
postgres=# create database foo encoding 'LATIN1' TEMPLATE template0;
CREATE DATABASE

For reference:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/app-initdb.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/sql-createdatabase.html
--
Michael

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: BUG #8257: Multi-Core Restore fails when containing index comments
От: varunkarkala@gmail.com
Сообщение: BUG #8258: I am not able to search composite types in search object