Re: [BUGS] pg_rewind fails after failover, 'invalid record length'

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [BUGS] pg_rewind fails after failover, 'invalid record length'
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 7:02 PM, Stuart Bishop <stuart@stuartbishop.net> wrote:
> I have a test case with 3 PostgreSQL 9.5.5 servers, one master and two
> hot standbys using standard streaming replication from the master.
> wal_log_hints is not enabled, but all systems initialized to use
> checksums.

The version of pg_rewind in Postgres 9.6 is able to handle timeline
switches, which allows far more flexibility, not the one of 9.5. If
the standby that has been promoted was the most advanced one, there is
actually no need to run pg_rewind on the second standby.
--
Michael