Re: backup tools ought to ensure created backups are durable

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: backup tools ought to ensure created backups are durable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 8:30 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> As pointed out in
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20160327232509.v5wgac5vskusedin@awork2.anarazel.de
> our backup tools (i.e. pg_basebackup, pg_dump[all]), currently don't
> make any efforts to ensure their output is durable.
>
> I think for backup tools of possibly critical data, that's pretty much
> unaceptable.

Definitely agreed, once a backup/dump has been taken and those
utilities exit, we had better ensure that they are durably on disk.
For pg_basebackup and pg_dump, as everything except pg_dump/plain
require a target directory for the location of the output result, we
really can make things better.
--
Michael